We all live busy lives so it can be hard to keep on track diet-wise and health-wise. It’s so easy to give into temptation, rely on low-nutrition convenience foods or rely on a box of chocolates or bottle of wine as a quick-fix stress buster. If you fell into bad habits over the colder months (does curling up on the couch, watching the Olympics while eating comfort food sound familiar?), it’s time to ‘shake off’ the remnants of winter and embrace Spring with a new enthusiasm.
For some of us, now may not be the time to go all out for a complete diet and lifestyle makeover, but if you are interested in getting your body ‘back on track’, now could be the perfect time to undergo a The Natural Way Detox Program. Remember, we offer a 2-week mini-detox programme that involves the use of only 2 formulations – DeXtra and Herbal Cleanza – and following the Health and Vitality eating plan. So, your post-winter cleanout is short, sweet, and very effective!!!
If you don’t want to go ‘the whole hog’ and spend two weeks detoxifying, there are many little things you could do to make your lifestyle much more toxin-free…it just involves a few simple tweaks to your daily lifestyle. Try to cut down on coffee and keep herbal teabags in your clinic or desk for those times when you want a healthy pick-me-up (or an alternative to a glass of water). If you haven’t developed a taste for The Natural Way Herbal Tea, maybe it is time too!
Invest in a loofah, body brush and a good creamy exfoliant, and have a pumice stone in the bathroom. By exfoliating regularly (every three days), you can help boost the skin’s circulation, aiding it to breathe more easily, eliminate toxic build-up and making it glow with health. Remember, the skin contains pores and these act as a vehicle for toxin release, so by exfoliating the dead cells, you are promoting efficient waste removal from your body.
For a truly sensual way to relax, try burning or bathing with essential oils. Rosemary, lemongrass & peppermint are particularly recommended to soothe, however, all can help to promote toxin removal. Be sure to dilute oils first with a carrier oil before applying to skin.
Here are some easy guidelines for keeping yourself revitalized & toxin-free seven days a week:
- Laugh it up! – Laughing helps in every way, as a good laugh not only gives your internal organs a workout, it also helps to reduce stress. The less stress you are under, the less stress your organs are under, and this promotes optimal organ function
- Enhance exercise – One of the best ways of enhancing the detoxifying process is to take some form of regular exercise. Anything from visiting the gym to walking can help improve both your circulation and metabolic rate – and get internal organs working optimally.
- Go hard on the H20 – Most of us do not drink enough to meet the needs of our body. It is especially important to drink lots of water to flush out toxins. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses per day. Try mineral water or herbal teas as an alternative to water. A great way to start the day (and give your kidneys a good ‘flush’) is to drink a cup of hot water with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Deep breathing – Taking deep breaths can help to expel toxins from your lungs. You should try breathing deeply for at least five minutes every day. You will know when you are doing it right if your stomach expands (rather than your chest rising) as you inhale.
- One with nature – Your home or office can be as prone to toxins as the outside. Green plants are an excellent way of removing airborne pollutants. Ionizers, humidifiers and oil burners are also recommended to help improve the atmosphere.
ENJOY YOUR SPRING…ASK YOUR CONSULTANT ABOUT IDEAS FOR A SPRING DETOX or REACTIVATING YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS.
NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO GET BACK INTO YOUR SUMMER BODY!